Sunday 26 June 2011

Fruits of my Labour


Blackcurrants are early this year, probably because of the hot weather in April and this has brought the fruit on by a month.

I have a couple of blackcurrant bushes, a whitecurrant and a couple of redcurrant bushes all struggling under the weight of the fruit. The raspberry bushes are full too, but not so many are being picked and put into a bowl, no they are being picked and eaten by Marion!! At least she's enjoying them and there's nothing fresher than home grown.


This is just what I've picked this afternoon, I gave up because I was getting too hot. This little lot weighs in at 3lbs and there's a ton more to pick.

The blasted slugs are getting on my nerves now, they've eaten her sunflowers, my courgettes and cucumbers, one tomato plant and some flowers.

I've been told I should try chilli flakes around the soil, they're not supposed to like them. I'll give it a go though, I've tried everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for writing a comment, it is much appreciated :)