Wednesday 11 August 2010

Christmas Ornament Finish



I found this little design in an old issue of Cross Stitch Card Shop and decided to change a few bits and make it into an ornament. I used beads for the berries and used a variegated metallic thread, aswell as silver. I stitched the design twice and then made it into an ornament, attaching some red ribbon for hanging.



Here's what I got started on, on Saturday after a couple of hours trying to work out the Rhodes Heart in the centre. I very nearly gave up because it just didn't want to go right. Still this is how I left it after a couple of hours working on it.



On Sunday I did a little bit of stitching on something I'm going to give as a gift to someone who reads my blog, so no WIP's or finished photos until they've received it at a much later stage.

On Monday I woke up with a headache, took some tablets and then sat quietly willing it to just go away and leave me alone. No such luck. I had to return a parcel, so I went to the post office and by the time I got home (only out 15 minutes) I felt so sick and my head was pounding. I know that it's a hormonal thing, it's been happening for just over 2 years now, about a week before I'm due on.

I can handle a headache, I've been suffering with headaches and migraines since I was a little girl, but these just floor me. I'm feeling a lot better today, just absolutely exhausted. I went into Mansfield to pay a bill and I was only out for 1 1/2 hours and I felt completely drained when I got back. I haven't done any stitching since Sunday, I was going to do my blackwork Japanese Lady on Monday, Lisa does her blackwork on a Monday, so I thought we could encourage each other to make faster progress if we did a stitch-a-long. I wonder how she's doing on hers?

2 comments:

  1. Love your ornament!

    Hope you're feeling better. I've had migraines since I was little too. Sometimes the only thing that helps me is a dark room with a cold facecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ornament Heather and you're making good progress on the humbug.

    Hope you're feeling better. I get hormonal headaches and they drive me mad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for writing a comment, it is much appreciated :)