Thursday 5 August 2010

Joints and Pains and Old Age



OK so I'm only 38, 39 next month, but my thumbs are very sore indeed. Arthritis is most likely what it is and I can find out when I visit the doctor in four weeks time. First appointment they could give me and unless I want to fight and argue for an emergency appointment on a daily basis, it's going to have to be that long.

So I popped along to Holland & Barrett and found that the glocosomine tablets were less than half price. Yay, thank goodness because they're normally £21.99 and I got them for £9.99 for 120 tablets (I'm going back in on Monday to stock up and I can always give them to Mum if they don't work for me) and also some glucosomine gel, which I can rub on the affected area up to six times a day.

My thumb isn't as sore as it was this morning, after one application of the gel and the tablets will take around 4 weeks to really start feeling the benefits.

Last night I did do some stitching, a small design I found in a magazine and I've changed it slightly, adding some beads and I'm doing the same design again and going to make it into an ornament. I'm almost finished it tonight, but I'm tired now.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your finish. Hope your thumb gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your finish Heather.

    Hope the gel and tablets do you good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to see what you are working on. I hope the gel and tablets helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for writing a comment, it is much appreciated :)